Going Loud Studios
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
September 1, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionGoing Loud Studios is an independent games studio founded and operated by Ben Kane. That means it's a one-man, lone-wolf style operation. Making the games we want to play!
It was established in late 2010 in Ottawa, Canada shortly after Ben’s departure from industry to pursue a career in independent game development. The company’s first title, Zombie Accountant, was released in November 2010 for Windows Phone 7, followed shortly thereafter by a Xbox 360 release. The tongue-in-cheek title set the tone for Going Loud Studio’s light-hearted and addictive style. The next major release came in June 2011 with Lair of the Evildoer, an action RPG with twin-stick shooter vibe and roguelike twist. Going Loud’s third title, DLC Quest, launched in November 2011 for Xbox 360 and was met with stunning reception, eventually winning Official Xbox Magazine’s Xbox LIVE Indie Game of the Year 2011. DLC Quest was later expanded with "Live Freemium or Die" and earned a spot on Steam after a successful Greenlight campaign.
There are far more images available for Going Loud Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Xbox Indie Game of the Year 2011 from Official Xbox Magazine" - January 2012
- "Finalist for Best Indie at the Canadian Videogame Awards 2012" - Vancouver, BC, April 21st, 2012
- "Comedy in games is hard, especially when it's making fun of something as relatively unfunny as DLC. Yet, despite this hurdle, DLC Quest makes it seem effortless."
- Hollander Cooper, Games Radar
- "With the legions of me-too Minecraft clones and boring match-three titles choking Xbox Live Indie Games, it's easy to overlook the games that are actually worth playing on the service. Here's one you shouldn't miss: DLC Quest."
- Phil Kollar, Games Informer
- "DLC Quest is an excellent example of what a great indie game can be"
- James Heiger, XBLA Fans
Team & Repeating